Additional Content Download
Ahead of the fourth annual Campus Design and Development Summit 2017 we chat to Meaghan Dwyer, Principal at John Wardle Architects. Meaghan, who has worked on over 10 education campus design projects, shares with us the vision behind Monash University’s new Clayton Campus that is enhancing the student experience through innovative teaching and learning facilities.
Ahead of the Campus Design and Development Summit 2017 we chat to Juan Smith, Manager of Strategy and Planning at Flinders University in Adelaide. In this article Juan shares with us details of Flinders’ new Student Hub and Plaza retrofit; that was developed in collaboration with the student body, to encourage campus stickiness, and promote improved teaching and learning.
Campus Design & Development 2017 is your opportunity to learn about some of the biggest innovations happening in Higher Education campuses across Australia and New Zealand and learn best practice strategies shaping the future of campus design.
To make the most of your experience and help present tangible value from your attendance, use this ROI toolkit to clearly set goals and define objectives to support your organisation’s investment with the host of benefits you’ll receive from attending the 4th annual Campus Design & Development Summit 2017.
In this presentation from Campus Development 2017, Juan Smith, Acting manager of Planning at Flinders University discusses:
- Creating a strategy to breathe new life into the aging infrastructure
- Integrating with stakeholder and communication resources to ensure the successful delivery of this dynamic precinct
- Building effective communication channels
In this presentation from Campus Development 2017, Professor Carol Miles, Director of the Centre for Teaching and Learning at the University of Newcastle chats about:
•Rich teaching development programs for those teaching in our partner universities in Singapore, India, and China
•UON’s International Teaching Certificates have now been achieved by over 100 teachers in Asia.
•Focus on active and engaged teaching and learning activities to prepare students for study in Australia and elsewhere
Designing and Developing a Campus that Effectively supports and Simulate Learning in an Evolving Discipline
In this presentation from Campus Development 2017, Mark Freeman, Partner at Gray Puksand discusses:
- Understanding Design based Learning to ensure the building reflects the desired learning outcomes
- Collaborating effectively with different stakeholders to optimize the learning spaces
- Managing the transition of the academic staff from conventional learning spaces to design based learning spaces
Future Proofing the Campus Developments and Upgrades to Ensure Continued Excellence in Teaching and Learning
In this presentation from Campus Development 2017, Sandris Zeivots, Research Associate in Project Development at UTS discusses:
- Creating a future proofing strategy
- Identifying gaps in the existing framework
- Leveraging technology to future proof your campus master plan