Executive Director Office of Estate and Commercial Division of Finance & Resources
Western Sydney University
10:00 AM How the University of Western Sydney’s Growth Initiative Has Achieved a 35% Reduction of Cost in Delivery and Increased Student Participation on Campus By 50%
The University of Western Sydney is embarking on an initiative know as the “Western Growth”. This is a large scale transformative project that will bring more educational opportunities and help reach research outcomes for the university. They are adapting to the changing needs of the region and delivering education to meet expectations. The advances of digital communication have contributed to a new teaching and learning style that is collaborative and activity based, delivered in smaller flexible spaces.
In this Session…
- Delivering the masterplan and ensuring the planning is efficient for all 11 campuses
- Utilising the new model of teaching to design spaces for better learning outcomes
- Creating accessible, connected learning hubs close to industries that open up opportunities for future employment
11:10 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Adapting to Changing Pedagogical Requirements by Developing Facilities That Can Sustain Future Learning and Research
As society is continually evolving, so are higher education pedagogies and the space they are in has the potential to be significant in student learning. The role of learning has become more active and such facilities must adapt to be more open, collaborative and flexible and provide a site for social change.
Panellists will Discuss…
- Learning to break traditional approaches to learning and campuses
- Enhancing the quality of student learning through diverse design layouts
- Determining the best utilisation for buildings and space for development to support new requirements
- Influencing the overall educational experience through the look and feel of a campus