Director of Facilities Management
Queensland University of Technology
11:10 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Adapting to Changing Pedagogical Requirements by Developing Facilities That Can Sustain Future Learning and Research
As society is continually evolving, so are higher education pedagogies and the space they are in has the potential to be significant in student learning. The role of learning has become more active and such facilities must adapt to be more open, collaborative and flexible and provide a site for social change.
Panellists will Discuss…
- Learning to break traditional approaches to learning and campuses
- Enhancing the quality of student learning through diverse design layouts
- Determining the best utilisation for buildings and space for development to support new requirements
- Influencing the overall educational experience through the look and feel of a campus
1:30 PM How QUT is Establishing a Vibrant and Sustainable Network of University Campuses Through the Estate Masterplan
QUT’s Estate Master Plan seeks to harness the potential of the University’s physical estate to support the University’s key strategic objectives and to provide exceptional and meaningful experiences for students, staff, community and industry partners. At the heart of the planning process is a commitment to environmental sustainability and the creation of spaces that are connected, inspiring and reflect a sense of place.
In this session:
- Developing contemporary learning spaces to keep up with modern learning and teaching methods
- Ramping up research capacity to align with the university goals
- Creating a “sticky campus” for a greater student experience and connecting campuses into the broader community